- is the world largest country with its total land area about 17 million sq km., located in the northern part of Europe, shares borders with Norway and Finland in the northwest; Estonia, Latvia, Belarus, Ukraine, Poland, and Lithuania in the west; Georgia and Azerbaijan in the southwest; and Kazakhstan, Mongolia, China, and North Korea along the southern border.
- has largest forest reserves and its lakes contain approximately one-quarter of the world’s fresh water.
- has numerous natural resources that makes Russia a leading exporter of gas and oil in global market.
- is ranking the 8th in population but less density only 8.3/km2.
- is supportive its people in knowledge. Every citizen have the right for free education. Literacy rate is at 99.4%.
Other general information:
Capital City: Moscow
Climate: Northern Continental
Population (2012 app.): 143,030,106
President (2012): Vladimir Putin
Prime Minister(2012): Dmitry Medvedev
Currency: Russian ruble (RUR)
Ethnic(s): Russian, Tatar, Ukrainian, Bashkir, Chuvash, and others
Language(s): Russian (official); more than 140 other languages and dialects.